Re: Linux and Partition Magic

> Hello Debian-user,

>   I have Windows and Linux on my HD. As time has passed I now prefer
>   my Debian installation and seldom use Windows (big surprise, eh?:)

Nope, same here. ;-)

>   I want to expand/move my Linux partition and I do have Partition
>   Magic on my system. Will using Partition Magic harm my Linux
>   installation? I use LILO as bootmanager to boot both Windows and
>   Linux.

> //Christian

I've been using Partition Magic 4.0 (previous versions don't sport
linux support, IIRC) for a few times right now, and the only time it
did had some troubles (altough it handled them quite perfectly) was
when I forgot to fsck a badly unmounted partition. (PM continued it's
job, finished, and I fsck'ed the partition after. Everything got
repaired and life continues ;) Other than that, I never had any single
trouble with PM4.

Christian Lavoie
clavoie@enter-net.com
UIN: 947212