Re: portforwarding question

On Tue, 09 Mar 1999 09:31:04 -0600, whbell@ia.net wrote:

>> I have a web site on my Debian box visible to the
>> world.  Of course this is using xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80.
>>
>> I also have an internal web site visible to the world
>> using portforwarding xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:<port>.
>>
>> Question 1- Which port(s) should I forward to allow
>> this visibility and not overrun my real web site already
>> on port 80?

I'm not sure whether I understand your problem, but it should be obvious
that you cannot access the internal web server on the same external port as
the web server on the external machine, so let's assume that you use port
8080 to access the internal server. Therefore you would forward <external-
ip>:8080 to <internal-ip>:80. I don't see anything else you would have to do
to make this work.

--
Ralf G. R. Bergs * Welkenrather Str. 100/102 * 52074 Aachen * Germany
+49-241-876892, +49-241-877776 (fax) * rabe@rwth-aachen.de  * PGP ok!