Re: rc.local -> What is the Debian Eqivalent

*- On  9 Mar, ragOO wrote about "Re: rc.local -> What is the Debian Eqivalent"
> Person, Roderick wrote:
>
>> I have installed some tars and I need to set some thing to run at boot.
>>

> The Debian equivalent of rc.local is rc.boot

As George said it is not the same.  Also the use of rc.boot is obsolete
in favor of using links in rcS.d.  From the rc.boot man page:

NAME
       /etc/rc.boot  -  directory  for  local or per-package boot
       scripts.

DESCRIPTION
       The /etc/rc.boot directory is obsolete. It has been super­
       seded by the /etc/rcS.d directory. At boot time, first the
       /etc/rcS.d directory is scanned and  then,  for  backwards
       compatibility, the /etc/rc.boot directory.

       The  directory /etc/rc.boot is scanned by the program run-
       parts(8). The scripts found that have valid filenames  for
       the run-parts program will be run in lexical sort order of
       the filenames.

--
Brian
							   - unknown