Re: bitchx (sucks!)

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:

> steven walsh dixit:
> > On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > >  I agree Steve, there are plenty of Manual(s) to read.  But for a new
> > > IRC user they sure confusing.  I have been trying to Window it but, as
> > > of yet, no luck.
> >
> > 	Sure, there's plenty of documentation, unfortunately that's like
> > saying MS Office has plenty of documentation.  It's a pain to sort through
> > sometimes because there's just too many features in it.
>
> Steve, most of the docs you pointed out say next to nothing.  One may try to
> guess (as surely most bitchx users do) how to work things out, and that
> works some times, but not always.
>
> What really puts me off is the fact that, eg., /help say, will tell me how
> to show some fancy (but useless and annoying to others) way of echoing the
> typed characters on screen, and though other commands, probably more useful,
> there's no help available or almost none.

	I get the impression you think I _like_ BitchX.  I assure you I do
not, nor do I believe the documentation is adequately provided.

	As for EfNet #bitchx, well, let's just say that I'm not surprised
at their behavior. :)

"See you on the flip side"

- Steve Walsh (EfNet:#Babylon5:KnaraKat)
  	      (swalsh@d.umn.edu)