rc.local -> What is the Debian Eqivalent

I have installed some tars and I need to set some thing to run at boot. For
example I need to have the followiung to line execute at boot.
                                    /usr/X11R6/bin/xfstt --sync
	                        /usr/X11R6/bin/xfstt&

I used RH for a minute and these were placed in rc.local...I must confess I
forget the debian placement. What file do I place these in or can I just
make a bash script and and place a symlink to it in the appropriate rc#.d ?

Roderick P. Person
Title, I don't need no stinking title
454-2616
personrp@ccbh.com