Re: Linux and Partition Magic

> Hello Debian-user,
>
>   I have Windows and Linux on my HD. As time has passed I now prefer
>   my Debian installation and seldom use Windows (big surprise, eh?:)
>
>   I want to expand/move my Linux partition and I do have Partition
>   Magic on my system. Will using Partition Magic harm my Linux
>   installation? I use LILO as bootmanager to boot both Windows and
>   Linux.

I don't believe so unless you do something silly like delete your boot
partition.  Also remember lilo stores information on what partition to
boot based on hda1, hda2, etc, so if you remove hda1 and create two
partitions where it was, your hda2 will become hda3, etc... just boot from
the rescue disk, edit lilo.conf to reflect these changes, run /sbin/lilo,
edit /etc/fstab to reflect the changes, and away you go.

HTH

-Dano