RE: lprng and slink

You are absolutely wright! I just downgrade to hamm for the same problem.
I could print in text mode only, but I think the problem was not due to permission
mistakes. Anyway I will stop the upgrade to slink to total defrozen.

> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted to linux.debian.user as well.
>
> I just upgraded from hamm to slink.  I have found one problem with the
> upgrade in the lprng package.  I downgraded to the hamm version until
> such time as it gets fixed.  Basically after installing the new
> version, I could not print due to some time of permissions error.  I
> have the standard lpd.conf and lpd.perms files as defined by Debian.

Just a question for both parties concerned here, did you remember to
change your printer setup over to the new lp* format?

Slink has removed lp0 and replaced it with lp1 (I believe that's the way
it is), anyway I first off could not print under slink until I had a look
at the new config file, and realised it had hosed my configuration for my
printer, and also changed the printer port... but it's working great now
that I've changed the printer port to the new settings.

Actually I've just remembered, the new kernel version (2.2.1 is what I'm
running) is the thing that changed the lp port... geez, have to remember
these things else I'll be considered a fool... (though that isn't hard for
people who have actually met me) <grin>.

Regards,
	Peter Ludwig