Re: New Install

A block device is generally a physical storage device, such as a hard drive of
CD-ROM drive.  Assuming your system is based on IDE storage, your CD drive will be
/dev/hdX where X=the IDE device number.  The naming convention is simple once you get
the hang of it:  Primary Master=hda; Primary Slave=hdb; Secondary Master=hdc; Primary
Slave=hdd.