Re: bitchx (sucks!)

	Subject: Re: bitchx (sucks!)
	Date: Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 01:30:33PM -0800

Quoting Steve Lamb(morpheus@rpglink.com):

> On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:53:26 +0100, homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:
>
> >Sorry about that (), but even if the program itself is damn good, the docs
> >and /help really suck... further more, #bitchx SUCKS.
>
>     /bhelp, not /help.  /help is the ircII help files, not the BitchX help
> files.
>
> >It's fair if you are said to RTFM when there's one FM to be read, but bitchx
>
> {morpheus@teleute:/usr/doc/bitchx}ls ; du
> BitchX-format      bitchx.txt           ircII.1.gz
> BitchX-idea        bitchx.xpm.gz        lutkax.ans
> BitchX.bot.gz      bitchx_os2.diff.gz   macbitchx
> BitchX.doc.gz      bugs                 mode
> BitchX.faq.gz      bx.ans               pana-docs.txt.gz
> BitchX.help.gz     bx2.txt              pana-docs2.txt.gz
> BitchX.ircnames    changelog.Debian.gz  pana.txt
> BitchX.quit.gz     changelog.gz         pandur.ans.gz
> BitchX.reasons.gz  color.txt            persisting-bitchx-bugs.txt
> BitchX.tcl.gz      config.h.gz          plugins.gz
> README.Debian      copyright            tabkey.stub
> README.hooks.gz    faq                  tcl-commands.doc.gz
> UPDATES.gz         functions.gz         tcl-ideas.gz
> bitch52.xpm.gz     ideas.gz
> bitchx.asc         internals
> 1       ./internals
> 1       ./faq
> 279     .
>
>     279k of docs, mostly gzipped.  I'd say there is a FM to read.
>
> >Oh well, since they seem not to like most ppl using that program, fair
> >enough, could you suggest any good irc client in Debian, please?
>
>     A good client is one that works for you.  For me what works is BitchX
> with Crackrok as the script.

 I agree Steve, there are plenty of Manual(s) to read.  But for a new
IRC user they sure confusing.  I have been trying to Window it but, as
of yet, no luck.

BTW I looked for 'Crackrok' but can't find it.  If it doesn't come in
a small plastic bag, could you say where or what it is?

Thanks

--
Unquestionably, there is progress.  The average American now pays out
twice as much in taxes as he formerly got in wages.