Mail File Question

Does anyone know of a utility that will convert a Microsoft *.pst file
to a generic mail file?  I have about five years worth of saved
correspondence &c that I would like to be able to access from either
Pine or Messenger, problem being that MS only allows export as tab or
comma separated files if you don't want pst.

As far as I can tell, neither Pine nor Messenger can deal with .tsv or
.csv files successfully (though I could be wrong).

All help is appreciated.

- BOHICA