Re: Hamm-->Slink, now fetchmail/exim behaves strangely

you wrote:
> Graham Ashton <graham@mirror.bt.co.uk> writes:
>
> > On Tuesday 02 March, Mark Phillips wrote:
> >
> > > I've just upgraded from Hamm to Slink.  Fetchmail seems to work the
> > > same as before, except that now, only the first 10 messages get to my
> > > mail box straight away.
> >
> > I've got the same problem. Strange, isn't it.
>
> when looking in the log file there is:
> no immediate delivery: more than 10 messages received in one connection
>
> if you want the other messages immediatly you can do:
> exim -q
>
> I suppose it would be possible to change this behaviour, but I haven't
> found how;

I find it useful for dialup connection, the mail download can be faster when
it doesn't deliver simultaneously.  I have the "exim -q" thing in
my disconnection script. so the queue is run as soon as the
line goes down. (And a fetchmail in the script that runs when
the connection is made.)

Helge Hafting