Re: Favorite WP/Office software...

Paul Nathan Puri <publisher@ompages.com> writes:

> I'm curious what people feel is their favorite word processor/ office
> productivity suite (i.e., star office, word perfect, lyx, TeX, siag
> office, etc.).

EMACS + AucTeX + LaTeX.

Only missing thing is a useable UNIX-native free spreadsheet. (I'm
running Linux on a 486 so SO is a clear no no for me. Besides, I think
that ports like WP and SO are a nice thing, but not the Final
Solution. They necessarily have a very un-UNIX-y touch-and-feel. Why
escape from Windows to use SO, which tries very hard to look like the
Big Stinker?

Michael.

--
Michael Bonetsmüller           The least we can do is wave to each other
bonetsm@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de                 --Van der Graaf Generator