Re: Internet telephony?

On Sun, Mar 07, 1999 at 12:55:29PM -0800, Paul Nathan Puri wrote:

> Is anyone aware of internet telephony software that could run on debian?
> Preferable but not exclusively open source.

Check out Speak Freely <http://www.fourmilab.ch/speakfree/unix/>.  I did
have some trouble getting it to work with the Alsa sound drivers but it
works fine with the OSS drivers and I really didn't try that hard with Alsa.
There are also Win16 and Win32 versions available.

> In addition, what hardware + services would be needed to get it and keep
> it running?

Just a sound card, preferably one that supports full duplex under Linux.

--
Ray
nmos@sonictech.net