Re: Internet telephony?

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, Paul Nathan Puri wrote:

> Is anyone aware of internet telephony software that could run on debian?
> Preferable but not exclusively open source.
>
> In addition, what hardware + services would be needed to get it and keep
> it running?

What kind of capabilites are you looking for?

I have used Speak Freely and it has worked well for me.  Check out:

                   http://www.fourmilab.ch/

Speak Freely has both Windows and UNIX/Linux versions and offers a number
compression methods and even an encryption option for secure
conversations.

                                   Nick

Nick Busigin  ...Sent from my Debian/GNU Linux Machine...   nick@xwing.org

To obtain my pgp public key, email me with the subject: "get pgp-key"