Linux won't work with RAM > 64 MB

I tried to install Debian 2.0r4 without success wasting many hours. Two
questions on this list also didn't help. Finally I discovered that Linux
won't boot if there is more than 64 MB RAM installed (I used 128).

There isn't anything mentioned in the Debian install.txt
and I am suggesting to incorporate it into the help file as long as kernels
will be included in the distribution which are limited to RAM < 64 MB.

There isn't an obvious error message issued and if you don't know about
such a restriction you can spend a lot of time (I created so many boot disks
as never before).

After the removal of 64 MB RAM the installation proceeds as it should be.
Nevertheless i didn't install Debian since an official CD-Distributor sent
me faulty CD's (the installation hung at the package installation stage).
Finally I installed a Suse Distribution. I am not happy about this but I
cannot spent some more days hoping to get working Debian CDs.

Therefore this is my last email on this list.

Werner
--
Werner Reisberger         public-key available:          voice: +41 1 3228069
Kreuzwiesen 12          pgp-public-keys@keys.pgp.net