Re: Repartition

Mark Yobb wrote:

> Can a person repartition an existing linux partition (assuming it is
> not full) without losing the information on it?  If so what software
> should one use.  I repartitioned my original DOS partition without
> losing anything a long time ago but I am quite sure this was a DOS
> app.

The only software I know of that can resize an ext2 partition/file
system in place is the commerical software package Partition Magic 4.0.

As Horacio said, it can also be done (if you have room) by just copying
it to another partition that is the size you want. This mini-HOWTO
covers what you need to know to do that from Linux:

http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/mini/Hard-Disk-Upgrade.html

Tom