Re: Repartition

Mark Yobb dixit:
> Can a person repartition an existing linux partition (assuming it is
> not full) without losing the information on it?  If so what software
> should one use.  I repartitioned my original DOS partition without
> losing anything a long time ago but I am quite sure this was a DOS app.

You could copy the entire Linux partition to another partition or disk, and
then repartitioning and moving the OS back to the partition.

I once did it by copying the directories to several iomega zip disks, and
then restored them.  It's quite easy, but you SHOULD use the right commands
and options for copying, or you might lose data.  Let me know if you want to
know how I did it, step by step.

Regards,

Horacio.