Re: 2.2.2

On 2 Mar 1999, Gary L. Hennigan wrote:

> I had problems with PPP uploads under 2.2.1. They were extremely slow
> so I went back to booting 2.0.36 by default. I had assumed that 2.2.x
> needed a newer version of PPP than was available in slink, but I don't
> see any mention of it in the documentation.

I just completely reinstalled Debian a few days ago, using the slink
base2_1.tgz files. (Everything is from the "unstable" distribution,
however). Afterwards, I compiled 2.2.2. This makes the second time I've
had 2.2.2 running, and no "bad things" have occured. Only thing I've
noticed is that process account no longer wants to run. No big deal,
though, since I don't really use it anyways.

Jeremy
  email : darqside@blueriver.net
pgp key : http://www.blueriver.net/~darqside/pgpkey.asc