potato -"heyho!" message?

I upgraded from hamm to potato yesterday without any trouble, however after
the upgrade was completed, I noticed a strange problem.

I had several Eterms open when the message "heyho!" (followed by a newline
character) started to be repeatedly printed on one of them. The keyboard did
not seem to have any effect (even CTRL-C) and the only way to stop the
message from being repeated was to close the Eterm window.

That was the second time that this problem occurred. The first time I didn't
take much notice of it, so I'm not sure whether it appeared on an xterm or
an Eterm.

The second time, the problem occurred, I tried "ps -a" on another terminal
while the message was being printed, but I didn't notice anything out of the
ordinary.

Has anybody else experienced this? Does anyone know what it is?

Anthony