Re: dselect handling stable AND unstable [was Re: forcing dselect to downgrade]

George Bonser wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Rick Macdonald wrote:
>
> > This is something that I've always wondered about. Can you actually tell
> > dselect about both stable and unstable at the same time? I've always
> > been afraid to do that.
>
> Yes, you can do that. Just make sure you go in the order of most stable to
> least stable. In other words, define stable first then unstable.

So what does it look like in dselect?

Right now, with stable, contrib, non-free and non-US, I see, for
example:

--- available packages in section net ---
--- available packages in section non-free/net ---
--- available packages in section non-US/net ---
--- available packages in section contrib/net ---

Does it merge stable and unstable and just show the newest version of
each package, or keep them separate so I can choose?

--
...RickM...