Re: Can Windows95 cause error on my Linux Drive.

Back when I did use one of the Gates viruses I had problems with win9X
writeing to areas of the disk that it shouldn't.  Some of those disks
are still unusable today because of that.  I would make sure that
there were NO M$ partations on my Linux disk at all because of that.
I would keep all of the M$ stuff on its own disk so it could never
access my Linux disks in any way.  You have been warned...

John C. Ellingboe

Person, Roderick wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Recently, I added a new drive to my system as the slave 2nd drive.
> Therefore, I made my old drive a Win95 drive so the family could play games
> and such. Now it seems that everytime I log into my Linux drive (/dev/hdb) I
> get file system not unmount correctly errors. I fsck and get it in operating
> conditions and a day or two later i get the same errors. Could this be due
> to how other users are logging out of win95 or not logging out and just
> shuting off the machine? Drive 1 is totally win95(1.2GB) drive 2 is 5GB for
> Linux in 4 partitions and 1GB for win in one partition. Anyone having this
> problem.
>
> Roderick P. Person
> DBA/Programmer
> 454-2616
> personrp@ccbh.com
>
> --
begin:          vcard
fn:             John C.  Ellingboe   -   KE4BPW
n:              Ellingboe   -   KE4BPW;John C.
org:            The Guntersville Computer Center
email;internet: john@guntersville.net
title:          Owner/Admin
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE