Re: modem

I've had a hell of a time with the Zoom (model 2919) modem I purchased specifically
for Linux.  I bugged a lot of people and worked on it too long.  The problem is it
wouldn't reset.  I've sent it to the manufacturer and hope the one they're sending
back will work.  I don't know a whole lot about hardware, and I don't know enough to
say that the particular brand I bought is bad.  I guess I'll find out when I get the
new one back.  In retrospect I wish I would have selected an external modem, which I
understand has a reset button:)
Good luck to you,
Kent