Pine: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA

This is a non-Linux question, but I was hoping someone could help me with a
problem I'm having in pine.  We recently put the new version of pine on our
Digital Unix machine which supplies email accounts for about 1000 users.
Many users use POP clients to access their mail, while our students use
pine.

Since the upgrade to the newest pine, users who normally use POP clients get
the message (below) when they check their mail through pine.  The message
only shows up when they go back to their POP client again (after using pine)
to check mail.  Is there a setting in pine to not send out these FOLDER
INTERNAL DATA messages?  Our POP users get really confused about such
cryptic messages, and often swarm the help-line with fears of viruses and
other nonsense!  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brian Morgan
bmorgan@greenville.edu