Re: Hamm-->Slink, now fetchmail/exim behaves strangely

*- On  2 Mar, Mark Phillips wrote about "Hamm-->Slink, now fetchmail/exim behaves strangely"

> I've just upgraded from Hamm to Slink.  Fetchmail seems to work the
> same as before, except that now, only the first 10 messages get to my
> mail box straight away.  The rest of the messages sit around in the
> /var/spool/exim/input directory for about 5 minutes before eventually
> being delivered to my mail box.
>
> Under Hamm the messages would all go straight to my mail box.  Why is
> it that under Slink, only the first 10 get there directly, and the
> rest take their time?

It is because fetchmail is flooding the smtp port with connections and
exim stops delivering mail when this happens.  I have put the following
at the end of my fetchmailrc, it forces exim it empty the que
immediately.

postconnect "exim -q"

--
Brian