Re: [OT] DMA timeout problem]

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Dave Swegen wrote:

> I just recently bought an Asus P5A motherboard, and as it has UDMA support,
> I thought I'd try enabling it using a patch which is available for the
> 2.2.2 kernel. Now I know that at least two other people have successfully
> used this patch (doogie and aklein on #debian). The problem is that a) one
> of my drives (hdb) performance drops to less than 2 or 3 meg/s, and if I try to
> enable DMA using hdparm on hdb I get the following messages:

 I think you may need the latest hdparm to use that patch...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles         (248) 377-7735           ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "I can write programs that control air traffic, intercept ballistic
  missiles, reconcile bank accounts, control production lines."

 "So can I, and so can any man, but do they work when you do write them?"

      - Fred Brooks, after Shakespeare, in "The Mythical Man-Month"