RE: Spam and Exim Question.

On 02-Mar-99 Tony Schonfeld wrote:
> hello Everybody,
>
> I'm not connected all times to the net and the majority of my
> email trafic is send to me from my second mx ( my isp ).
> This is the reason because i can't use the rbl option in exim
> to reject spammers trafic.
> I think it's necessary to not refuse spammers trafic from my
> isp and accept it for may be with a filter return it to the
> spam sender with a error message.
> Another Reason it's because spammers send email trafic
> today without original from Line like:
> From: root@mydomain.com

Do you use the system_filter option?  That can get rid of spam so you won't
see it.  I am in the same situation as you are, and I use filters.
I do have a static IP address, so often, RBL does work for me, but it is
useless much of the time since I am offline.

The exim ftp site has some sample filters you can try, but you will need to
edit them for your use.

I have some trouble writing original filter rules, since I am not an expert in
PERL or regular expressions, so I usually edit the samples for my own use.

--
Andrew