Re: IRC and BitchX newbie -- how to get started?

	Subject: Re: IRC and BitchX newbie -- how to get started?
	Date: Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 01:33:29PM +0100

Quoting debian-user-request@lists.debian.org(debian-user-request@lists.debian.org):

> Mark Phillips dixit:
> >
> > I've just installed BitchX because I want to join in on the Slink
> > release IRC party thingy.  Unfortunately I have never used IRC, let
> > alone BitchX before, and I'm really not sure how to get started.  I
> > tried man bitchx, and also looked in /usr/doc/bitchx, but it seems
> > this documentation is for people who already have a basic idea about
> > what's going on.
> >
> > Can anyone point me to an introductory HOWTO or some similar such
> > thing.

Well as a (never have used IRC) newbie I looked for the HOWTO's
myself.  /usr/doc/bitch had some but I found that /usr/lib/bitchx had
much more. ( you have learned how to use locate, right?).  The files
in /usr/lib/bitchx/help (hamm), were enough to let me get on and use
the system.  There is much more reading to do but the info does seem
to be there for those that look.