Re: stop machine before fvwm2

> Ben Frame wrote:
>   >I need to boot my machine 1 time without loading the
>   >window manager (fvwm2), is there any way to do this?  A
>   >key to press during the bootup maybe (like F8 in
>   >windows)?
>
> Presumably you mean `without starting X'? (since fvwm2 is just another
> X program).

[ .. how to do that .. ]

Wouldn't it be nice to have a run-level that doesn't start X by default
in debian?  It is one of the first things I do after installing debian
on a machine.

Eric Meijer

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032