Re: PLEASE HELP: Can't access my system....

"Rich Hartman" wrote:
  >Hello,
  >
  >I was messing around w/ FSTAB, and apparently erased the "ro" from
  >the "defaults,errors=remount-ro" field of my root filesystem
  >entry.... Anyway, now I can't login even as root, and get all kinds
  >of boot-up errors....
  >
  >I've tried "linux single" at LILO, and I can login, but I can't edit
  >my FSTAB file - it gives me a "read-only" error...
  >
  >So how do I fix my FSTAB if "linux single" won't let me do it?

Boot from an installation floppy or CD; mount the root partition; go to a
shell and edit /target/etc/fstab; reboot from hard disk.

     "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence
      cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which
      made heaven and earth."
                           Psalms 121:1,2