Re: realaudio with 2.2.2

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> > The problem is that the real player relies upon broken sound system
> > drivers.  There is a library that emulates the broken driver called
> > rpopen.tar.gz.  Have you tried that?

> Do you have a URL for this?

Oh, I have no idea where it came from.  ISTR that I found it a couple of
weeks (perhaps a month) ago using a DejaNews search.  A quick check of the
source (it's GPLed) shows that the author doesn't take credit for this
work, so you can't get it that way.

However, since it's only 8k long and since it's GPLed, I put it on my
personal Web site.  http://www.brokersys.com/~jguthrie/rpopen.tar.gz
There are no links to it or anything, you have to just know it's there.

While you're at it, you can check out my 100 bottles of beer on the wall
page at http://www.brokersys.com/~jguthrie/beer.php3
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)
Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/