Re: Help..can't delete broken links, directories et all!!

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Roddie Rod wrote:

> Anyway, now I a gig or more of broken symlinks, directories and files.
> Most are in /usr/lost+found but some are in /usr/lib/* and /usr/man.
> Problem is I can't delete them. I have tried to rm -f, delete using
> midnight commander and renaming the files! Nothing works is tells me
> operation not permitted. I've tried to chown and chmod nothing!

Sounds like that partition has been mounted read-only, possibly because of
errors that fsck can't fix automatically.  What happens when you type
"mount"?
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)
Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/