modem user

Hi,

The last thing I expected to have problems with during my
recent hamm installation (2.0.34) was with the modem, but
guess what?

I spent a couple hours for the configuration, and figuring
which jumper switches to use, my modem is using ttyS3. By
the way does anybody think it would be easier to use the
PnP mode, rather than hardwiring to COM3,IRQ4 ?

The problem I'm having right now, is I can only run programs
such as minicom or seyon, when I have root privilages !
I tried creating a symbolic link to /dev/ttyS3, called it
/dev/modem, and even when I used this ordinary users still
cannot access the modem.
Help will greatly be appreciated !

Fet

Research Assistant