Re: startup forced to X login

In a message dated 3/1/99 3:28:07 PM Central Standard Time, lls@freedomain.org
writes:

> For now, I would prefer to simply get a CLI login and do startx when I want
>  it.  Once I get everything set I wouldn't mind automatically doing a startx
>  but I hav concerned about the underlying login fail every 60 seconds.

This kind of annoyed me to  I actually went back into /etc/init.d/xdm and
edited the script the way it used to work in hamm - so that I could put no-
start-xdm in /etc/X11/xdm/xdm.options and X would not come up when I booted
up.  Then simply changing that to start-xdm would revert to having X up at
boot time.  If you want a copy of my script, just ask...  (ps - it also has
start-kdm for my KDE setup as well, but that part can be ignored.)   Or, just
look at the hamm version of /etc/init.d/xdm

-Jay

PS - Why was this feature taken out in slink?  I couldn't find any other way
of NOT starting X at boottime other than to add this script data back in.