Re: apt-get and broken CD layouts

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Marc Haber wrote:

> apt-get update works, but (for example) apt-get install joe tries to
> install from
> /mnt/cdrom/binary-i386/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/editors/joe_2.8-10.deb
> which clearly does not exist.
>
> Which line do I need in sources.list for my broken cd?
>
> Any hints will be appreciated.

You can try the experimental APt v3, it will need the slink base libraries
to run but it is able to deal with these sort of cds. Run

apt-cdrom add

Make sure that your cdrom is mountable on /cdrom/ and that it is
unmounted :> It will add a new entry to your sources.list and magically
fix the package files. (hopefully)

You can grab it from http://www.debian.org/~jgg, the one with the date as
the version number.

Jason