Re: remove plip from kernel

	Subject: remove plip from kernel
	Date: Sun, Feb 28, 1999 at 10:08:51PM -0800

Quoting debian-user-request@lists.debian.org(debian-user-request@lists.debian.org):

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to compile plip out of the 2.0.36 kerenel(slink, hda5), so I can
> use lp, without success.  Here's some data:
>
> In .config
> # CONFIG_PLIP is not set
> CONFIG_PRINTER=m

If the make-kpkg is not removing the modules you can check to see if
it is in /lib/modules/2.0.36/misc and remove it yourself.  Odd that
that is happening tho.

BTW you can gain an IRQ by not using one on the printer.  It works
fine with polling.

> In bootup message:
> NET3 PLIP version 2.2 gniibe@mri.co.jp
> plip1: Parallel port at 0x378, using assigned IRQ 7.
>
> And with cat /proc/ioports:
> 0378-037f : plip1

HTH

--
Office Automation, n.:
  The use of computers to improve efficiency by removing anyone