Re: Big HD problems - How stuffed am I?

I had a similar problem with a bad IDE controller once.  If you've upgraded
your kernel recently you might need to look at the kernel docs. related IDE
chipsets and see if yours has any known issues.  You might also want to
check for loose cables, poor cable routing, bad power supply etc.  I doubt
that 2 drives would go bad at the same time but much of the control
electronics for IDE are located on the drive so maybe one bad drive could
cause trouble for another on the same cable.