Problems with pgp and gpg

Hi. I'm having problems with the permitions for using pgp and gpg. It's
diferent symptoms but the problem it's the same (I think). Let me explain
the problem:

With pgp:
---------
When I try to make my own .deb packages, using 'build -rfakeroot', the script
breaks when running pgp with this error:

---begin quote---
Enter pass phrase: cannot open tty, using stdin

Unable to get terminal characteristics: ioctl: Inappropriate ioctl for device
---end quote---

If I try to run the build script under root ('su root', then 'build'), it
runs smoothly (I've copyed my ~/.pgp dir to /root/.pgp just to try this out).

On the other hand, If I try to run pgp by itself (using 'pgp -sa ...' or
whathever), it runs great. Why does it run  if called directly, but breaks if
called under the build script? Some problem with this script?

With gpg:
---------
Well, with gpg the problem goes like this: If I run it under my account,
it doesn't matter if it's called in the command line or from the build script,
it breaks right away with the following error: