apt: guide.txt and ftp.conf

Greetings Slinky ones,

I have just installed apt. Alas, I'm wedged behind a firewall, thus I
need to use an ftp proxy.

The dpkg --info apt-0.1.9.deb
says "see the Users Guide in /usr/doc/apt/guide.text.gz"a

Alas. There is no such beastie in the package. There is a
/usr/doc/apt/README.

Q1. Is this README the same beastie (renamed?) as the guide.text.gz?

man sources.list says the following....
       ftp    The  ftp  scheme  specifies  an  FTP server for the
              archive. APT's FTP behavior is highly configurable;
              for  more  information  see  the ftp.conf(5) manual
              page.

Alas, ftp.conf(5) is not part hamm.

Q2: Which slinky package need I d/load and install to access this
ftp.conf(5) fountain of wisdom?

Thank 'ee kindly.

John Carter                    EMail: ece@dwaf-hri.pwv.gov.za
Telephone : 27-12-808-0374x194 Fax:- 27-12-808-0338
<http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/5947> or <http://iwqs.pwv.gov.za>

Knock. Knock.
Who's there?
GNU.