Debian user friendly

        Hi Debian users,
        I've to draw some simple vector graphics. I started looking for
options
in Debian distribution. First I tried tgif but it loads with green and black
colours only. Very strange. Anyone knows why?
        My tgif version is:

Package: tgif
 Tgif has little to do with GIF files. It is a 2-D vector based drawing
  program which can produce output suitable for LaTeX or in PostScript.

        Next I tried xfig but when I type xfig I get an X error (both in E CVS
15 and WMaker 0.50.2):

[21:09:45]paulo@phantasy:~$xfig
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
X Error of failed request:  BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  54 (X_FreePixmap)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  3386

        Anyone konws why? I have the lastest X packages (3.2.3.10)
        My xfig version is:

[21:11:04]paulo@phantasy:~$dpkg -s xfig
Package: xfig
 Xfig is a menu-driven tool that allows the user to draw and manipulate
objects
 interactively in an X window.  The resulting pictures can be saved, printed
 on postscript printers, or converted to a variety of other formats (e.g. to
 allow inclusion in LaTeX documents).

        Next I tried sketch. It looks very good and nice with TkStep
installed. I didnt used it because it didnt export eps files, only ps. Am I
wrong?

        And finally, I tried tkpaint. Very nice too and exports eps files.

        Nice to see Debian with user programs too.
        Have a nice day,                Paulo Henrique