From: Graham Lillico +44 1785 248131 <graham.lillico@gecm.com>
To: Marcus Brinkmann (Reply requested) <brinkmds@rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
<debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 1998 2:58 AM
Subject: Re: setting up ethernet 3com 3509b card

>> I had trouble setting up an EtherlinkII 3com 3509b card with 2.0.32 and
>> 2.0.33 kernel. I configured pnp, compiled the right driver as module, but
>> the module gives me either initialization failed or symbol not found when
>> specifying io=0x210 irq=3...

Is it the ISA one (I think there is a PCI verison but i'm not sure), anway
mine
works fine but I had to disable PNP on the card and set the card to use the
media I wanted i.e. BNC,UTP(RJ45) or AUI
I also had to edit the /etc/modules file and near the top there is a line
that
says insert you network card driver here, i had to put 3C509 there and then
rebooted and it seemed to work fine.

Hope this helps

Regards

Graham