Re: SyQuest internal IDE 1GB disk?

Hi!

On Thu, Apr 09, 1998 at 08:16:14PM -0500, vandeveb@letu.edu wrote:

> For my own uses, I have found that the cheapest, fastest, & most reliable way to backup is w/
> a nice extra internal HD. Just rig it up so that one of your IDE cables and a power cord are
> hanging out the back of your computer, and then plug in the drive, back up, & put the drive into
> a static bag.  For the price of a syquest w/ several cartrages, you can have two full sized drives,
> and quickly back up your whole system.  And by using dd ( or ghost -- www.ghostsoft.com --
> if you use that other OS ) you can just image your HD so as to assure very quick restorations.

Do you need to switch the computer off to plug the HD?

I could imagine that this isn't the best solution for all people.

I remember a german computer vendor "VOBIS" having 5 1/4 cases and
removeable HD to plug in / out. I think it wasn't the great success (never
saw them again).

What about DDT-2/3 ?

Marcus