Re: KDElibs vs qt1 and libgif2

-----Original Message-----
From: Nuno Carvalho <nemanuel@student.dei.uc.pt>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Saturday, April 04, 1998 8:32 AM
Subject: KDElibs vs qt1 and libgif2

    First. Did you get the kdesupport package from KDE's site? It has the
library files needed to run KDE on Debian (I think it takes care of
libgif2). You also need to get QT version 1.3 or better. KDE's site has a
link to Troll Tech who makes QT where you can get the current version 1.33.
You have to compile it from source, but the instructions are straight
forward.
    I got the same dependency errors with dpkg, but found the answer in
KDE's FAQ. Use the --ignore-depends option when you use dpkg on all the KDE
packages. That did the trick for me and the Beta 3 of KDE works fine.

Good luck,
Matt