Re: Choosing a printer for Linux:

I have an HP LJ 6L which I'm very satisfied with. $400 or less for the
machine (probably less now, sigh ... ). Used magicfilter to get it working
with linux (took about 5 seconds to do, no configuring really). I do
mostly postscript printing (latex to postscript using dvips, and
ghostscript to print the postscript) and the pages come out very nice and
clear. However, the first one I bought had a misaligned roller so
everything came out slanted so ask for a test page print out at the store
where you buy it (compusa was very nice about this).

I use linux kernel 2.0.30, gs 3.33-5, and magicfilter 1.2-10. Been using
it for about two months, no problems.

	- John Kloss