Problems with too much memory

Recently we have been build a number of Debian proxy servers with lots of
memory. We are using an Asus P2L97 Motherboard, PII 300 and three 128MB
SDRAM DIMM modules. We have almost a hundred PII 233's on the same
motherboard, but with only one 128MB DIMM. In a majority of the systems we
have built we 3 DIMM's, we a getting weird and unexplainable (to us anyway)
errors that seem to be associated with memory. Here is one such example that
happened when we were trying to send some files of several megs in size.

whoops:unlock_buffer:b_count !=1onasyncio.
whoops:unlock_buffer:b_count !=1onasyncio.
kernel panic: freelist corrupted
ll_rw_block:trying to read nonexistant block device 0c:02 (1481927)
ll_rw_block:trying to read nonexistant block device 0c:02 (1481927)
ll_rw_block:trying to read nonexistant block device 0c:02 (1481927)
ll_rw_block:trying to read nonexistant block device 0c:02 (1481927)
wait_que is bad (eip=001285cb)
q=0fffabcc
*q=00000400
wait_que is bad (eip=001285cb)
q=0fffa94c
*q=00000400
wait_que is bad (eip=001285cb)
q=0fffa14c
*q=00000400

On first look, it seems as though something is wrong with the disk, and in
this case it may be, but the frequency with which these strange problems
occur in servers with multiple DIMM's is suspect.

Other times there will be some sort of core dump and a kernel panic. Often
times the kernel panic does not freeze the box up, but it will not really do
anything else until it is rebooted.

Anyone heard anything at all?

Timm Gleason
Hardware Engineer
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams