Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:49:30 +0930 (CST)
From: Mark Phillips <mark@ist.flinders.edu.au>
To: Bill Moran <bill@ist.flinders.edu.au>
Subject: Perl

Dear Bill,

> I am interested in the library of programs in
> /usr/lib/perl5/. There seem to be lots of potentially useful things
> there. How do I get them to work?

>From what I can tell, these are library packages for use with perl.  Just
like in LaTeX2e you include packages with the command
	\usepackage{amstex}
etc, with perl you include these packages with the command
	require 'ftp.pl';
Then you can make use of the functionality these libraries provide.

To make use of them, you would have to learn how to program in perl, which
from what I hear is an excellent and powerful scripting language.  One of
these days I might even learn it myself.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers,

Mark.