Re: Understanding /root Re: My solution

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Michael Wahl wrote:

[snip]
> 	I decided to partition my hard disk into:
> 		/boot	50MB

about 2-3 would have done. I left mine on / . The main reason you'd
separate it is to have it under the 540MB limit/1024 Cylinder limit on
some old BIOS's.

> 		/home	50MB (maybe more)

More would be an advantage

> 		/root	50MB

leave it on the / partition. its not likely you'll have root using a lot
of space in his/her home dir.

> 		/var	150MB (maybe more)

I think that would be about right.

> 		/usr	700MB

Yep.

> 		/etc	50MB

Leave this on / too... files in it are needed for boot, and for mounting
partitions. Chicken and Egg. Go figure.

> 		/swap	128MB

Yep.

> 		/dos	200MB