Re: ide channel 3 HDD - Linux won't boot

"Frankie" wrote:
HTML code - please don't; it's a pain in the neck for ordinary
mailreaders.

  >I cannot get linux to boot from my HDD, which comes up as hde.
  >I altered the entries in my fstab when I upgraded my computer.

/etc/fstab has nothing to do with booting; its job is to tabulate which
file systems are to be mounted when the system goes multi-user.

The file you need to amend is /etc/lilo.conf; if you don't know how,
post the device and partition you want to boot from (/dev/hde1?).

Remember to rerun lilo after changing the lilo.conf file.
     "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for
      us, who can be against us?"              Romans 8:31