Re: Help needed with compressed files

> Austanners Wet Blue Pty Ltd wrote:
>
> I wish to load some package files onto a laptop that has no CD-ROM
> drive and is not networked. Some of the .deb files are 2+MB and I can
> compress them using PKZIP,Winzip or rar but can linux unzip from
> spanned floppy disks? Any suggestions?

I would use RAR, personally.  RAR is notoriously good at producing
archives in any sized pieces you wish.  Check out the docs for RAR to
figure out how.  Or just use WinRAR, which has a handy option somewhere
in the archive creation menu.

--
damon@meta-x.net -- PGP and GPG public keys at http://meta-x.net/keys/