Re: problems+suggestions

> I'll take the suggestion first :)
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if a configuration of all installed packages could be
> saved in some data file that you could put on a disk and whenever you want
> to install a new machine or go back to this good configuration you just
> load the data-file into dselect or whatever program that gets/installs
> packages. Some different default configs could also be shipped with
> the dist to be used by new debian people.
>
> Maybe this is already possible? Tell me please!

You can do this with

$ dpkg --get-selections > file

to record the settings, and

$ dpkg --set-selections < file

to get the setting from the file.  Then start dselect and skip the
selection step.

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032