Re: Should be installing Linux soon. Questions.

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Jeff Browning wrote:

> 1. Could someone please explain X-Windows to me. What are desktop
> environments, window managers, etc.?

Check out the tutorial on this -
http://www.debian.org/~hp/debian-tutorial.html/

it should give you at least a partial answer.

> 3. I currently have two networked computers. Both with Windoze 98. I am
> only going to install Linux on one of them. Is there any way that I
> could network them so when I install Linux, I can FTP Netscape, KDE,
> Star Office, etc. from the Windoze computer to the Linux one?

Should be no problem. Install the Samba package. (I've never used it, so
don't ask me how, but it provides Windows file sharing.) Linux should come
up on your "network neighborhood" or whatever it's called.

Havoc